- Place in a large bowl. Stir in the remaining stuffing ingredients.
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone; fill
- with stuffing mixture. Secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle pork with
- salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil and butter on both sides.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add broth to the
- skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; stir in the
- apple, walnuts and syrup. Pour over pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks before serving.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed pork chop equals 642 calories, 38 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 694 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.