We enjoy parsnips here in the Northeast, and I've experimented with different ways of fixing them. This is by far my favorite.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds parsnips, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place parsnips in an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish; dot with butter.
- Add water. Sprinkle with the oregano, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until tender. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 239 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 2 g protein.