Baked Parmesan Roughy
This light and crispy fish entree is a favorite with Patti Bailey's family and friends in Chanute, Kansas. It's table-ready in 30 minutes and special enough to serve company.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 pounds orange roughy fillets
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornflakes, cheese and
- salt. In a shallow bowl, combine eggs and milk. Dip fish fillets in
- egg mixture, then shake in cornflake mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 450° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 211 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.