I created this recipe when I had a group to feed and only a few ingredients on hand. Andrea Warneke, St. Paul, Minnesota
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) mostaccioli
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (24 ounces) salsa
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir
- in spaghetti sauce and salsa. Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake 8-12 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese
- is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 553 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 1,064 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.