Baked Macaroni 'n' Cheese
Everyone loves the golden color and cheesy goodness so much that I'm asked to bring this dish to all our get-togethers.Karen Ochs, Erie, Pennsylvania
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 pounds process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse in
- cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the cheese, green pepper,
- onion and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt
- and pepper; pour over macaroni mixture and mix well.
- Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with
- paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until
- bubbly and browned. Yield: 18 (3/4-cup) servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 359 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 806 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.