Baked Lemon Haddock
With a seasoned bread-crumb coating, this recipe is my husbands favorite dish. It is easy because it bakes while preparing the rest of the meal.Jean Ann Perkins, Newburyport, Maryland
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds haddock fillets
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut fish into serving-size pieces. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over fish. Bake
- at 350° for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with margarine) equals 3 lean meat, 1 starch; also, 239 calories, 650 mg sodium, 67 mg cholesterol, 15 gm carbohydrate, 25 gm protein, 9 gm fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.