Baked Lemon Chicken
THIS lovely chicken is as good cold as it is right out of the oven. It's moist, tender and lemony with a nice crunch.
It's a delicious picnic entree as well as a wonderful meal with scalloped or baked potatoes and a fresh green salad on the side.
-Marion Lowery, Medford, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow dish, combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt and
- pepper. Place bread crumbs in another dish. Dip chicken in butter
- mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining
- butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or
- until a meat thermometer reads 179°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 255 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.