Baked Italian Tilapia
It's easy to include healthful fish in your weekly menus with recipes as tasty and simple as this one! —KIMBERLY MCGEE, MOSHEIM, TENNESSEE
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, drained
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place tilapia in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray; sprinkle with pepper. Spoon tomatoes over tilapia; top with
- onion and green pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 215 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.