Baked Horseradish Salmon
“I never liked salmon until my husband, Jim, created this healthy, delicious entrée,” confesses Pat Ockerman. “Now, all we have to do is mention to friends we're having salmon for dinner and we have happy guests!”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place salmon skin side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated
- with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the butter,
- horseradish, lemon juice, garlic powder and pepper; spread over
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked salmon equals 236 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.