Baked Horseradish Carrots
Edna Hoffman from Hebron, Indiana suggests a deliciously different way to dress up carrots on a wintry night. A dash of horseradish adds just the right amount of heat!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 3-inch julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Dash paprika
- Place 1 in. of water in a small saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon liquid. Place carrots in
- a 2-cup baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, horseradish, salt,
- pepper and reserved liquid. Pour over carrots. Toss the cracker
- crumbs, butter and paprika; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 177 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,