Baked Ham with Pineapple
Widely known as a symbol of hospitality, pineapple inspired a theme dinner my husband and I hosted and was the star ingredient on our menu. Its fine flavor sparked this easy and delicious entree.
-JoAnn Fox, Johnson City, Tennessee
16-20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 8 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 5 maraschino cherries
- Place ham in roasting pan. Score the surface with shallow diagonal
- cuts, making diamond shapes; insert cloves into diamonds. Cover and
- bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Combine brown sugar and pineapple
- juice; pour over ham. Arrange pineapple and cherries on ham. Bake,
- uncovered, 30-45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads
- 140° and the ham is heated through. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 219 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 924 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.