Baked Ham with Orange Glaze
This ham has a wonderful orange glaze that makes it special for any family supper or holiday gathering. You can also insert whole cloves into the ham for added color and flavor.
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour 50 min. + standing
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Trim fat; score
- surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. deep. Add cider and
- orange juice to pan. Loosely cover ham with foil; bake at 325°
- for 1 hour.
- Combine remaining ingredients; brush some over ham. Bake, uncovered,
- 50-60 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and
- ham is heated through, brushing occasionally with glaze. Let stand
- for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 12
Editor's Note: For an added touch after scoring, insert whole cloves in the points of each diamond shape on the ham.
Nutrition Facts: 5 ounces ham equals 272 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,319 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.