Baked Ham Sandwiches
Minced onion and prepared mustard put a flavorful spin on these ham and cheese sandwiches. Simply take a few foil-wrapped favorites from the freezer and warm them in the oven for effortless lunches. —Charlotte Rowe, Alto, New Mexico
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dried minced onion
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 16 slices deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, onion, mustard and poppy seeds;
- spread about 2 tablespoons on each bun. Layer with ham and cheese;
- replace tops. Wrap each sandwich in foil.
- Bake at 350° for 6-10 minutes or until cheese is melted, or
- freeze for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen sandwiches: Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 370 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 951 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.