Baked Ham 'N' Cheddar Sandwiches
I've been baking these classic sandwiches for breakfast for just over 30 years. My family really likes them, so I make this often.Rita Bertino, Vineland, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices day-old Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 8 slices American or cheddar cheese
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place four slices
- butter side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with
- American cheese, ham and Parmesan. Top with remaining bread, butter
- side up.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour over
- bread; turn each sandwich. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 490 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 232 mg cholesterol, 1,788 mg sodium,