Baked Halibut with Onions
We once lived near Homer, Alaska, the Halibut Capital of the World. We fondly recall Alaska's Kenai Peninsula every time we enjoy this dish.
Rebecca McLaughlin, Piano Beach, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 6 halibut steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- Place the butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with onions.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8 minutes or until tender. Spread
- mayonnaise over both sides of halibut; coat with cornflake crumbs.
- Place over onions.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 715 calories, 68 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 687 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.