Baked Garlic Sweet Potatoes
I rely on fresh rosemary to season this dish. The herb comes through very well in the unique side dish, and garlic gives the tender potatoes a savory twist.Michelle Bishop, Peru, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, garlic, rosemary and salt; add
- sweet potatoes and toss to coat. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes. Add broth; bake 10-15
- minutes longer or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 142 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.