Baked Garlic Green Beans
This flavorful dish from Marilyn Farmer of Centerville, Utah dresses up frozen green beans with onion, cheese, bread crumbs and garlic. It’s easy enough to serve any day of the week.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, onion, garlic, salt and
- pepper. Add the beans; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 3-cup
- baking dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter; sprinkle over
- beans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 126 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.