Baked Eggs with Cheddar and Bacon for Two
“These little treats are super-easy to make and perfect for a special breakfast. They’re also very nice for a casual dinner. The smoky cheese and bacon elevate eggs to another level!” Catherine Wilkinson — Dewey, Arizona
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 bacon strip
- Coat two 4-oz. ramekins with cooking spray; break an egg into each
- dish. Spoon 1 tablespoon milk over each egg. Combine the cheese,
- parsley, salt and pepper; sprinkle over tops.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until whites are
- completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not firm.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until
- crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon and sprinkle
- over eggs. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 107 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 219 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.