Baked Creole Shrimp
A friend shared this recipe with me after tinkering with different ways to prepare freshly-caught shrimp. Here in the South, we bake the shrimp unpeeled.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 medium lemons, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place shrimp in a 3-qt. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine the
- remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°, for 15-20 minutes or until shrimp turn
- pink. Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving platter. Yield: 4-6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 pound) equals 424 calories, 32 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 362 mg cholesterol, 1,412 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.