Baked Cinnamon Apples
After a heavy meal, I like to serve a little lighter dessert. Cinnamon liqueur, butter and brown sugar infuse naturally sweet apples with wonderful flavor.Kenna Jo Lambertsen, Nevada, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 4 large apples
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cinnamon schnapps liqueur
- Core apples and peel top two-thirds of each. Place in an ungreased
- 8-in. baking dish. Fill each apple with 1 tablespoon butter and 2
- tablespoons brown sugar. Pour liqueur over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until apples are
- tender, basting occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 326 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.