Baked Chicken on the Grill
I first made this chicken one hot summer when the family wanted baked chicken...and I wanted to keep the kitchen cool. Now they never seem to request the oven-baked variety!
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Grill: 1 hour
- 2/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Place dry baking mix, paprika, seasoned salt and pepper in a large
- resealable plastic bag. Close and shake to mix. Add chicken, a few
- pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place chicken in a greased metal or foil 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Place on grill. Cover and grill over low heat, for 30-40 minutes on
- each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (12 ounces) equals 453 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 840 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.