Baked Chicken and Mushrooms
I made up this dish years ago, and it still remains a family favorite. It's a fast and healthy weeknight meal, but the fresh mushrooms and sherry make it special enough for a weekend dinner party.
-Lise Prestine of South Bend, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Arrange chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for
- 5 minutes. Add the sherry or broth, green onions, garlic, salt and
- pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour over chicken.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Top with cheese. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 chicken breast half) equals 198 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium,