Baked Chicken Fajitas
I can't remember when or where I found this recipe, but I've used it nearly every week since. We like it with hot sauce for added spice.
-Amy Trinkle of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine
- the chicken, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Combine the oil, chili
- powder, cumin and salt. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no
- longer pink and vegetables are tender. Spoon onto tortillas; fold in
- sides. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 fajitas equals 340 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat,