Baked Chicken Amandine
On busy winter evenings, this saucy casserole is a minute-saving mainstay. Often, I serve it with twice-baked potatoes, salad and dessert. It's fine for family, company and potlucks.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 to 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer chicken and broccoli.
- In a bowl, combine soup and mayonnaise; spoon over the broccoli.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Combine the crackers and butter; sprinkle over
- the cheese. Top with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 586 calories, 48 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 814 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.