Baked Cheddar Bacon Spread
Potlucks at work just aren't the same without this deliciously rich spread.
Kathy Fehr, Fairbury, Illinois
56 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, onion and
- mayonnaise until blended. Fold in bacon and 3 cups of cheddar
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Serve with crackers. Yield: 7 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 79 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.