Baked Bean Side Dish
“This is my daughter’s recipe. People are pleasantly surprised by its unique flavor and frequently request the recipe.” Lilas R. Umphrey - Davenport, Florida
7 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans, drained
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, diced
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a
- greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer
- or until bubbly and beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 7
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 268 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 882 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 8 g protein.