Baked Bean Chili
Leftover baked beans are the key to this thick and hearty chili from Marcy Cella of L'Anse, Michigan. She simmers them with just a few ingredients and a generous amount of chili powder to create this sweet and spicy mixture.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 cups Stovetop Baked Beans
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, onion, celery and carrot.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or
- until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the remaining
- ingredients; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.