Baked Basil Fries
A Parmesan cheese and basil coating provides these "homegrown" fries with their pleasant taste. "Seasoned with garlic powder and baked in the oven, they're a zippy alternative to deep-fat fried potatoes," notes Tammy Neubauer of Ida Grove, Iowa.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 medium red potatoes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the Parmesan cheese, oil,
- basil and garlic powder. Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. sticks. Add to
- bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking
- spray. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes on each side or until
- crisp and tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 162 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.