Baked Banana Boats
Kids can make their own banana boats with custom toppings. We use different berries and honey or peanut butter instead of chocolate chips. They're also good topped with crushed graham crackers or granola—whatever your family likes. —Rebekah Viers, Taylors, South Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium bananas, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup granola without raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Cut each banana lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. uncut
- at both ends. Place each banana on a 12-in. square of foil; crimp
- and shape foil around bananas so they sit flat. Gently pull each
- banana peel open, forming a pocket. Fill pockets with pineapple,
- granola, pecans and chocolate chips.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until
- chips are softened. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 220 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.