Baked Apples on the Grill
Sweet coconut provides the delicious difference in this fun grilled great from Jodi Rugg of Aurora, Illinois. "Our two children enjoy helping me stuff the yummy filling into the apples," she reports. "It's so easy that sometimes we don't even bother to do the measuring!"
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium tart apples, cored
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place each apple on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square).
- Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon into center of apples. Fold
- foil over apples and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until apples
- are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 209 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 1 g protein.