Baked Apple Pancake
When we decided to change our restaurant's menu to focus on breakfast all day, we came up with this delicious recipe to feature specialty pancakes. This is one of the customer's favorites!Debbie and Don Smith, Gatlinburg, Tennessee
1-2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, peeled and sliced
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, milk, oil and egg. In an
- 8-in. ovenproof skillet, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and apple
- slices; saute until sugar is dissolved. Pour batter over apple
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until bubbles form on top of
- pancake. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-17 minutes or until
- golden brown. Invert onto a serving platter. Serve with syrup.
- Yield: 1-2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 pancake (calculated without syrup) equals 776 calories, 43 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 179 mg cholesterol, 1,051 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.