Baked Apple Oatmeal
On cold winter mornings in Wisconsin, Mom warmed us up by serving this deliciously sweet cereal. Winters are mild here in North Carolina, but this oatmeal is still one of my favorites.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- In a large saucepan, heat milk, brown sugar, butter, salt and
- cinnamon. Add remaining ingredients; mix gently.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover and bake at 350° for
- 45 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 422 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 16 g protein.