Baked Almond Chicken
This is a tasty dish that my family just loves. The almonds give the chicken a wonderful flavor.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon each salt, paprika and celery salt
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Place the flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few
- pieces at a time. Seal bag; shake to coat chicken. In a shallow
- dish, combine 7 tablespoons butter, salt, paprika and celery salt.
- Add chicken pieces and turn to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- almonds. Pour cream around chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for
- 45 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup sauce.
- Stir sour cream into sauce; pour over the chicken. Combine bread
- crumbs with the remaining butter; sprinkle over chicken. Bake,
- uncovered, 15 minutes more or until chicken juices run clear. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 1,020 calories, 72 g fat (34 g saturated fat), 278 mg cholesterol, 1,424 mg sodium,