Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts
My husband and I do lots of entertaining and always start off with appetizers like these tempting morsels.Midge Scurlock, Creston, Iowa
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 8 Wright® Brand Bacon strips
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 jar (2-1/2 ounces) strained peach baby food
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise and then in half widthwise. Wrap
- each bacon piece around a water chestnut; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25 minutes, turning once; drain if necessary.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over
- water chestnuts. Bake 25-35 minutes longer or until bacon is crisp.
- Serve warm. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 155 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.