Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts
A sweet glaze coats these crunchy appetizers that get gobbled up at parties as soon as I put them on the plate.
34 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced bacon
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) whole water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Cut bacon strips into thirds. Wrap each strip around a water chestnut
- and secure with a toothpick. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until bacon is
- crisp, turning once; drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over water
- chestnuts. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly. Yield:
- about 8-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 119 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer