Bacon-Wrapped Seafood Skewers
With a little kick from cayenne, these scrumptious kabobs will be the hit of your next barbecue. The crunchy bacon wraps create moist, tender shrimp and scallops.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 large sea scallops, halved widthwise
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, cayenne
- and garlic powder; add shrimp and scallops. Seal bag and turn to
- coat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until
- partially cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain and
- discard marinade. Wrap one bacon piece around each shrimp and
- scallop half.
- On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp,
- scallops and lemon wedges. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-12
- minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque, turning
- occasionally. Remove from skewers; squeeze lemon wedges over
- seafood. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 kabobs equals 257 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 161 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium,