When I'm looking for more special appetizer, this is the recipe I reach for. I've also served these savory scallops for dinner.Pamela MacCumbee, Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 20 fresh baby spinach leaves
- 10 uncooked sea scallops, halved
- 10 bacon strips, halved widthwise
- Lemon Wedges
- Fold a spinach leaf around each scallop half. Wrap bacon over spinach
- and secure with a toothpick. Place on baking sheet or broiler pan.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes on each side or until bacon
- is crisp. Remove toothpick. Squeeze lemon over each. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 145 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.