One of the things my family likes about this recipe, which I created, is that you can adjust the "heat index" by using green chilies or jalapeno peppers.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 4 Wright® Brand Bacon strips
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm. Flatten chicken to
- 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle chicken breasts with seasoned salt. In a
- bowl, combine the cream cheese, chilies and garlic. Spread half of
- the mixture on each chicken breast. Roll up chicken and wrap with
- two bacon strips; secure with toothpicks.
- Place chicken in a greased shallow 4-1/2 cup baking dish. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes. Cover and bake 10-15 minutes
- longer or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks before
- serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 428 calories, 37 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 858 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.