In her kitchen in Ponca City, Oklahoma, LaDonna Reed spreads chicken breasts with a creamy filling, rolls them up, wraps them in bacon and bakes them. For a spicier version, she suggests that you try using sliced jalapeno peppers instead of green chilies.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially
- cooked but not crisp; drain on paper towels. Flatten chicken to
- 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with seasoned salt if desired.
- In a small bowl, combine the chilies, cream cheese and garlic. Spread
- over one side of each chicken breast. Roll up and tuck ends in. Wrap
- each with two bacon strips; secure with toothpicks.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run
- clear. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 each) equals 316 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 486 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.