Bacon-Wrapped Cajun Jalapenos
“These peppers are so addictive that if I want any for myself, I either need to make a double batch or hide some,” relates Linda Foreman of Locust Grove, Oklahoma. “The jalapenos are not that spicy after they are baked (I take out the seeds and white membrane), but have a wonderful flavor.”
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 8 large jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 8 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and center membranes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Cajun
- seasoning. Stuff about 1-1/2 teaspoonfuls into each pepper half.
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon
- until partially cooked. Wrap a bacon piece around each pepper;
- secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a wire rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Discard
- toothpicks. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 58 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.