Bacon Wild Rice Bake
This casserole is very special to me. I found the recipe when visiting a friend in Canada, and now my daughter send me wild rice from Wisconsin. I like to serve this with Cornish game hens.
12-14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 small green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 6 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- In a large saucepan, cook wild rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute green peppers and onion in butter
- until tender. Add mushrooms and salt; heat through. Stir into wild
- rice; add bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until
- heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 131 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.