Bacon Twice-Baked Potatoes
This versatile classic from Debbie Jones of California, Maryland has a rich filling enhanced with onions and chives. “These scrumptious potatoes can be the main course, or a side. Either way, they‘re tasty!“
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 Wright® Brand Bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool
- enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and
- discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, bacon,
- onion, chives, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup cheese. Spoon into potato
- shells. Top with remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 potato (prepared with reduced-fat butter, fat-free milk and reduced-fat cheese) equals 329 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 624 mg sodium,