Bacon Squash Saute
This delicious medley is my favorite way to serve zucchini and squash. The bacon and onion add just the right amount of flavor and crunch. —Jodi Grable, Springfield, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, diced
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove
- to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute the zucchini, yellow squash and onion for 6-8
- minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 232 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.