Bacon Mushroom Chicken
“My brother told me this was the best chicken
he had ever tasted,” writes Kara Cook from Elk
Ridge, Utah, “and it’s one of my very favorites, too.
“Not only is it easy to prepare, but it also looks elegant, tastes spectacular, and never fails to bring raves when I serve it to guests.”
TIP: Try using any leftover mozzarella cheese to dress up salads, sprinkle on cups of hot chili or make mi
2 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness;
- sprinkle both sides with seasoned salt. Brown in bacon drippings.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, mayonnaise, corn syrup
- and onion; spread 1/4 cup over chicken. Top with bacon and
- mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices
- run clear. Serve with remaining honey mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 586 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 956 mg sodium,