Bacon Corn Chowder
I'VE SERVED this chowder for so many years that I don't remember where I got the recipe. It's one of my husband's favorite meals.
It serves the two of us generously. If there's some left over, I freeze it for another time.
-Joan Baskin, Black Creek, British Columbia
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup diced uncooked potato
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, cook bacon, celery and onion over medium heat for
- 10-15 minutes or until bacon is cooked; drain. Add potato and water.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potato is tender. Stir in
- remaining ingredients; heat through (do not boil). Refrigerate or
- freeze leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 342 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,083 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.