Bacon-Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes
“My daughters just go crazy over these potatoes! They tell all their friends that their mom is making the best potatoes in the world.” -Julie Putnam of Lebanon, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup French onion dip
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 18-22 minutes or until tender,
- turning once. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cool enough to
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, 3/4 cup cheese,
- dip, bacon, onions and pepper. Cut a thin slice off the top of each
- potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell. Add
- pulp to the mayonnaise mixture and mash.
- Spoon into potato shells. Return to the microwave-safe plate.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5
- minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 potato equals 570 calories, 33 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 1,121 mg sodium,