Bacon Cheddar Frittata
"This recipe helped me get a good grade in home ec class years ago," recalls Carrie Bonikowske of Stevens Point, Wisconsin. "It's easy to put together and bakes quickly."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, onion, butter, salt and pepper. Pour
- into a shallow 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle
- with cheese and bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15
- minutes or until eggs are set. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (prepared with egg substitute, fat-free milk, reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat cheese) equals 227 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 757 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.