Bacon Bean Stalks
You'll need just three ingredients to assemble this fun fall side dish. Wax beans are bundled with bacon strips to look like shocks of cornstalks.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh wax or green beans
- 6 Wright® Brand Bacon strips
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a
- boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon until partially cooked,
- about 3 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- Drain beans; place about 12 beans on each bacon strip. Position one
- end of beans so they are nearly even; cut about 1/4 in. from that
- end so stalks will stand when served. Wrap bacon strip around beans;
- secure with a toothpick.
- Lay stalks flat on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with onion
- powder. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until
- bacon is crisp. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.