Bacon-Almond Green Beans
“I adapted this recipe from one I saw in a magazine that required a lot of work," says Jackie Matthews from Yucca Valley, California. "This is much quicker and easier to prepare and tastes great!”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 to 5 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 4 to 5 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in
- the brown sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 1
- minute or until sugar is dissolved.
- Drain beans; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- heated through. Sprinkle with bacon and almonds; toss to coat. Serve
- with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 149 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.