Bacon 'n' Egg Sandwiches
I came across this unique grilled combo when I was digging in my mom's recipe box. The crisp bacon, hard-cooked eggs and crunchy green onions make these special sandwiches look impressive when company drops by for lunch. Best of all, they're a snap to assemble.
-Ann Fuemmeler, Glasgow, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 slices bread
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Spread sour cream on one side of each of four slices of bread. Top
- with the onions, cheese, eggs and bacon. Top with the remaining
- bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches. Toast sandwiches for 2-3
- minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 474 calories, 32 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 181 mg cholesterol, 889 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.